Latest News:

World News

Another Attack in London Leaves 7 dead, 48 injured; Suspects gunned down by police

June 4, 2017 | By

London: As per media reports, at least seven people have been killed and 48 injured in an attack in central London. The police have reportedly shot dead the suspects.

The attack began late Saturday night, when a white van stuck pedestrians on London Bridge, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said in a statement.

The suspects then left the vehicle and “a number of people were stabbed, including an on-duty British Transport Police officer who was responding to the incident at London Bridge,” said Rowley. The officer received serious but not life-threatening injuries.

British Prime Minister Theresa May has condemned the London attack

“Armed officers responded very quickly and bravely, confronting three male suspects who were shot and killed in Borough Market,” said Rowley.

“The suspects had been confronted and shot by the police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes”, CNN quotes Rowley.

British Prime Minister Theresa May has condemned the London attack. May addressed the attack Sunday after a meeting of the government’s COBRA emergency committee. In her speech, May called for a tougher stance at home against ‘extremists’ and tougher controls on cyberspace to prevent its use by ‘extremists’.

Related Topics: , ,

Leave a Reply