Modi Yields When Trump Threatened to Retaliate
April 7, 2020 | By Jaspal Singh Sidhu
Jaspal Singh Sidhu
- Four Indian southern states ‘disobeyed’ the PM by refraining from banging thaalis and observing Sunday night blackout followed by candle lighting.
- Fearing Trump’s open threat to retaliate, Modi revoked the ban on the export of anti-malarial generic drug to the US.
- Instead of going for a large scale Corona test and procuring kits for medical staff, the official thrust was given on whipping of Islamophobia that led to attacks on terrified Muslims and a mosque in Delhi’s periphery.
- Protesting doctors now question: ‘whether a soldier could fight at the border without arms?’
- The government hospitals gradually made sick to prop up costly private clinics for the rich.
- With no Corona-dealing infrastructure, 30,000 ventilators in these hospitals are lying dysfunctional.
- Rulers have no guts to order furnished private hospitals to treat Corona patients.
- A five-star private hospital superimposed on premises of the government hospital in Mohali has thrived sucking up vitals of the latter.
- Crony capitalism Zindabad! Government doctors without protection are staying away from duty. Bihar has issued notice to 200 such doctors.
- Lockdown is no substitute for medical infrastructure.
- Top power-centre rarely respond to states’ demands and busy staging spectacles, spreading rumors and myths like ‘gaumutra is panacea’.
- Realizing that lockdown proving costly CMS opposed lockdown beyond April 14.
- Rabi crops need harvesting in the next ten days. Migrant labor in custody needs to be freed.
- After denials, Gujrat orders inquiry into Police’s bundling of migrant workers into an oil container to transport them beyond borders.
To Get Sikh Siyasat News Alerts via WhatsApp:
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.
Related Topics: Coronavirus, COVID-19, Indian Politics, Indian State, Jaspal Singh Sidhu
Leave a Reply