March 22, 2020 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
Amritsar: Sri Akal Takht Sahib acting jathedar Giani Harpeet Singh today issued a special message for the Sikh sangat regarding the coronavirus pandemic.
In his message, the acting jathedar said that coronavirus has affected the whole of humanity that has caused numerous deaths.
Whereas the virus has caused fear in the whole world, Sikhs pray for Sarbat-Da-Bhala (wellbeing and welfare of all). Therefore, it is the duty of the Sikh community to extend a helping hand to all humankind in this hour of need.
Giani Harpreet Singh issued five directives in this message and directed all to obey these directives:
1. In accordance with the guiding principle of ‘Guru Ki Golak Gareeb Da Munh’, all Sikh organisations and Gurdwara managements should come forward to extend help (food, medicine and basic necessities) to those who need it in their localities. Gurdwara Sahibs abroad should use their resources to help international students who are in need.
2. Prepare Gurdwara Sarais to use the rooms as quarantine zones for coronavirus infected people in case of need.
3. Follow guidelines issued by local governments and health departments and postpone all religious functions for at least two weeks except daily maryada of the Gurdwara Sahibs.
4. Every Sikh family should recite Gurbani, pray for wellbeing and welfare of all and observe self-quarantine.
5. There is no place for ‘Veham-Bharam’ (superstitious beliefs), therefore every Sikh should not believe in veham-bharam and rumours and do have faith in Akal Purakh under all circumstances.Akal Takht Sahib Message on COVID-19
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.
Related Topics: Akal Takht Sahib, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Giani Harpreet Singh