April 18, 2018 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
Brampton, Ontario: On Thursday, April 26th from 6pm-8pm, the City of Brampton will host its official Sikh Heritage Month reception, with NDP Federal Leader Jagmeet Singh confirmed as the keynote speaker.
“April is Sikh Heritage Month in Ontario and the City of Brampton will proudly celebrate the significant contributions of its Sikh community,” said Councillor Gurpreet Singh Dhillon.
This year, the City will be recognizing three outstanding Sikh-Bramptonians:
· Constable Manjit Singh Basran (Sikh Sewa Society): 2018 Peel Police Service award winner, and outstanding contributions to the Brampton community by providing food to homeless through mobile food truck.
· Fateh Singh (Music): Brampton-based singer, rapper, and internationally renowned recording artist, with multiple hits and albums.
· Palvinder Kaur (Langar Seva): Her organization deliver meals to homes of those in need who cannot cook due to complex medical issues and to also provide support services including house calls and recreational activities to relieve loneliness.
“The reception is open to the public and all residents are invited to attend as Brampton celebrates its great diversity,” said Councillor Dhillon.
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.