Latest News:

Sikh News

SGPC Probe Report fails to fix responsibility for Incident of Fire in Shiromani Committee’s Press

September 27, 2016 | By

Amritsar: As per media reports the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandak Committee (SGPC) has held no one responsible for the fire that broke out at its only press, in May this year. Notably, Guru Granth Sahib Bhawan located in Gurdwara Ramsar Sahib in Amritsar is the place where the Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib are prepared by the SGPC.

The fire on the third floor of the Guru Granth Sahib Bhawan in Amritsar had partially burnt five Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib.

According to a probe panel that was formed to probe the incident, the fire was caused by electric short-circuit.

A view of Damage Caused by Fire at Gurdwara Ramsar Sahib in Amritsar [File Photo]

A view of Damage Caused by Fire at Gurdwara Ramsar Sahib in Amritsar [File Photo]

The five-member panel that looked into the incident, however, found no CCTV cameras in the building.

The Indian Express (IE) quotes Rajinder Singh Mehta, one of the panel members, saying, “The fire broke out due to a short circuit in the air conditioning unit. We had recommended new air conditioning system for building and work has already started on it. There were no CCTV cameras installed at the time. Now new cameras will be installed as part of building revamp.”

On the Akal Takht and SGPC recommending a police complaint in the case, Mehta said there was no need to dig up a four-month old issue, notes the Indian Express (IE)

To Get Sikh Siyasat News Alerts via WhatsApp:

(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.

Sikh Siyasat is on Telegram Now. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel

Related Topics: , ,

Leave a Reply