December 19, 2015 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
London, UK: As per information a UK based Sikh body, Sikh Council UK, has engaged into political efforts against deportation of Paramjeet Singh Pamma to India. He was reportedly detained by the InterPol from a hotel in Portugal yesterday.
An update by the Sikh Council UK reads as follows:
As some of you will be aware of a case of Paramjeet Singh from UK who has been arrested in Portugal under international Interpol law.
From point of referral Gurinder Singh Josan, Jagtar Singh Gill, Bhaji Gurmel Singh and I have been working on assisting with this issue.
By way of update please see below:
- We have been in liaison directly with Paramjeet Singh who is currently in custody of Immigration in Portugal
- We are in close contact with his wife in Portugal
- Contact has been made with British Consulate in Portugal
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office have been alerted with full details
- Paramjeet has been provided with details of lawyers for his first court appearance in the morning
- Sikhs For Justice lawyers consisting of Gurpatwant Singh are on their way from USA to assist with the case.
- Relevant MPs have been alerted
- We will maintain ongoing communication with Paramjeet and his wife who is currently with their young children in Portugal.
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.