October 5, 2009 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
Mansa/Ludhiana (Posted on October 5, 2009): This is video recording of meeting by activists of Sikhs for Human Rights and Sikh Students Federation with families of Sikh Youth recently arrested by Punjab Police from Kot Dharmu and Jhanduke Village of Mansa. These arrested Sikhs have been portrayed as ‘Terrorists’ by Punjab Police and Indian Media.
The purpose of visit of this team was not to extend any support to the arrested persons as for accusations leveled on them there are courts to take decision. SFHR came to know that state agencies have practiced violations of Law and directions of Supreme Court of India while making such arrests and other related investigations.
Here are some briefs of SFHR findings:
(1) Police did not follow the prescribed procedure regarding making arrests, search and seizure.
(2) Police arrests were carried as if they were incidents of forcible abduction.
(3) No information was ever tendered to any of the family member, relative of friend of arrested person which is necessary as per directions of Supreme Court of India in DK Basu Vs. State of WB case.
(4) Police was in civil dress which is violation of Code of Cr. Procedure and DK Basu case directions.
(5) Armed police employees in civil dress even threaded families with weapons to get some so-called information and making search and seizure.
Just watch this video. This is video recording of Meeting with Family of Amritpal Singh (24) who was arrested on 3 August 2009. He was brutally tortured by police of various districts of Punjab while he was with them on Police remand in various cases.
You may not find some of the SFHR findings listed above in this video but when other parts shall be updated you will agree these findings.
Family of Arrested Sikh Amritpal Singh (24 Years) of Kot Dharmu Village of Mansa (Part 1/2)
Family of Arrested Sikh Amritpal Singh (24 Years) of Kot Dharmu Village of Mansa (Part 2/2)
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.