May 17, 2016 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
Chandigarh: The Aam Aadmi Party has sought immediate arrest of Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Majithia. “Mr. Bikram Singh Majithia should be immediately arrested as Bittu Aulakh who is a Drug Smuggler and former Treasurer of Shiromani Akali Dal Badal. Amritsar District, Jagjit Singh Chahal, who is a drug smuggler and owner of Chemical Factory and Jagdish Singh Bhola who is a Drug Smuggler and former DSP of Punjab Police have categorically stated in their statements that Bikram Singh Majithia is responsible for the flourishing of the drug trade in Punjab”, the memorandum submitted to the Governor of Punjab by AAP state convenor Sucha Singh Chhotepur on May 16 reads.
Full text of the memorandum is reproduced before for the information of readers of the Sikh Siyasat News:
The Hon’ble Governor
1. The farmers in Punjab are suffering as the Agriculture has been made non-profitable profession due to negligence by successive Governments from 1947 till date. The farmers are so distressed that they are committing suicides at an alarming rate. However, it has been pointed by CAG that there is a stock shortage of Rs. 12000 Crore worth of grain in the stores of procurement agencies of Punjab. This shortage is adversely affecting the timely sanction of cash credit limit by RBI through commercial banks which in turn delay the payment of procured grain to the farmers. This adds to the agony of the farmers who are already committing suicide due to debt traps. Aam Aadmi Party demands that in order to bring facts before the public of Punjab an SIT monitored by Supreme Court of India should be set up and all politicians and officers responsible for this “Grain Stock Shortage Scam” should be brought to book, put behind bars and dealt with as per the law of the land.
2. Payment for the grains procured from farmers should be made good to the farmers within the stipulated time frame. The issue of shortage should be settled as early as possible as it may affect the payment of dues to farmers in the coming 2016 paddy procurement season also. The stock reconciliation be monitored on a day to day basis by a committee of secretaries or cabinet sub-committee.
3. A Monetary Compensation of Rs. 15 Lakhs should be made good to the families of each farmer and farm labourers who were compelled to commit suicide out of desperation on account of bad loans and crop failure. Each case of bad loan should be considered sympathetically and loan should be rescheduled depending on the payment capacity of the farmers.
4. Adequate Monetary compensation should be paid to the farmers whose crops have been destroyed by natural calamity or through negligence of the Government machinery. Those responsible for such losses should be prosecuted as per the law of the land.
5. Mr. Bikram Singh Majithia should be immediately arrested as Bittu Aulakh who is a Drug Smuggler and former Treasurer of Shiromani Akali Dal Badal. Amritsar District, Jagjit Singh Chahal, who is a drug smuggler and owner of Chemical Factory and Jagdish Singh Bhola who is a Drug Smuggler and former DSP of Punjab Police have categorically stated in their statements that Bikram Singh Majithia is responsible for the flourishing of the drug trade in Punjab.
6. Mr. Tota Singh Agriculture Minister of Punjab who is squarely responsible for failure of cotton crop in 2015 season due to supply of spurious seeds and substandard pesticide should be immediately sacked from the Cabinet and should be prosecuted as per criminal laws.
7. Aam Aadmi Party strongly condemns Government of Punjab who has completely failed to catch the actual culprits even after 7 months of the sacrilege of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at Bargari. Aam Aadmi Party demands that the culprits be immediately identified and put behind bars.
8. Aam Aadmi Party Punjab demands a Judicial inquiry into the Scam in Public Distribution Department where wheat worth Rs. 4500 Crores have been embezzled with the connivance of Government Machinery and local leaders.
9. The areas in Bathinda, Ferozepur and Fazilka district where the ground water is not potable should be provided with commercial Reverse Osmosis Systems (ROs). The ROs already installed in villages be repaired immediately and annual maintenance contracts for regular repair of ROs should be signed with authorized dealers or agencies who can maintain the systems properly.
Sucha Singh Chhotepur
Aam Aadmi Party Punjab
1. Hon’ble Prime Minister, Union of India.
2. Hon’ble Chief Minister, State of Punjab.
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.