October 7, 2012 | By Sikh Siyasat Bureau
Chandigarh/Punjab (October 10, 2012): According to reports from reliable sources Bollywood actor-producer Ajay Devgn has agreed to remove certain objectionable dialogues and scenes from his forthcoming Hindi film ‘Son of Sardar’.
A Chandigarh based Human Rights activist Advocate Navkiran Singh had sent a legal notice to Devgn regarding his objectionable portrayal of Sikhs in the movie. Akali Dal Panch Pardhani leader Bhai Harpal Singh Cheema had also filed a complaint at Fatehgarh Sahib court against Ajay Devgn.
It is notable that Ajay Devgn had visited Amritsar and addressed a press-conference at Amritsar along with Badal Dal leader Bikram Singh Majithia and others including AISSF President Karnail Singh Peer Mohammad where he had promised to remove offensive content in the film.
But hehad not assured Sikh groups regarding the content he had already loaded on ‘You Tube’.
Navkiran Singh, had maintained that he would go ahead as the damage was done because of offensive promo already on the ‘You Tube’. A case had been filed against Ajay Devgn.
According to a news report by “YesPunjab.Com”, a Mumbai legislator of Congress Party Charan Singh Sapra had raised objections to certain dialogues and promos of the movie, which he contended hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
“Last month, Sapra, who is also Punjabi Cultural Heritage Board (PCHB) president, had written a detailed letter pointing out the community’s objections to Devgn. This culminated in a meeting between the PCHB officials and Devgn as well as one of the producers, Kumar Mangat during which the entire issue was discussed threadbare” reports YesPunjab.
According to report “on Thursday, Devgn and his associates submitted in writing that they would omit the objectionable scenes – both from promos and the movie – prior to its release, scheduled soon”
Devgn has reportedly agreed to permit PCHB and Sapra a preview of the amended promos and revised portions of the movie for their complete satisfaction, even before it is sent for censor certification, Mangat said in a statement here Thursday evening.
“They have also agreed to remove the promos from YouTube and the internet for which they required 48 hours time,” Sapra is reported to have said, while expressing satisfaction at the resolution of the issue.
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.