July 20, 2013 | By Editor
Letter to the Editor – by Aamandeep Singh
Dear Editor, I wish to share my humble views with you and the readers of your site. These days there is a new phenomena, that many miscreants are tempering with certain paintings supposed to be that of Sikh Guru Sahibans in blasphemous manner. These persons are publishing this blasphemous content on Facebook etc. Mostly fake Facebook ids are used for distributing this material; while some use their own facebook ids for this purpose.
No doubt this is a disturbing matter; but more disturbing is that many Sikhs and internet Sikh media hubs, are also indulged in this practice. Somehow, even with no bad intentions, these Sikhs and Sikh sites are themselves propagating and distributing these matter over their Facebook walls, on facebook groups or their websites.
I do not question their intentions but sometimes ignorance proves more harmful than harmful intentions.
My opinion is that proper action should be initiated against the publishers of these material; and there are multiple ways in which action could be initiated; such as:-
(1) Report the content as inappropriate and abusive to the social media sites; such as Facebook etc, where these type of content is published.
(2) Police complain against the publisher could also be lodged.
(3) These persons could be banned from Facebook Groups and their content could be removed.
We should strictly avoid some steps; such as:
(1) Re-sharing this type of material in any form/mode. We should not re-share these type of material. Many times people re-share these type of content just to tell others that the original publisher has done wrong; but remember that while doing so, we are ourselves indulging in distribution of the objectionable content and doing the same thing that was done by the miscreant publisher.
(2) Sikh sites should not publish this type of stuff; even for informing the readers etc. Simply carry a descriptive news: why publish such offensive material on Sikh sites?
This is my humble request that we should understand this phenomena and do not become part of it.
(1) Save Our WhatsApp Number 0091-855-606-7689 to your phone contacts; and
(2) Send us Your Name via WhatsApp. Click Here to Send WhatsApp Message Now.
Related Topics: Facebook